My name is Lori Williams, Executive Director of and primary instructor for Intuitive Specialists. I am delighted to know that you are interested in taking a CRV class in Amarillo, Texas. Here is some information that may help you prepare for class. A lot of the information below pertains to all three classes — Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. All Amarillo classes have the same cost, hours, and are held at the same location. The lodging and dress information is also the same. Only numbers 1 and 3 below do not apply to the Intermediate and Advanced classes.
The classes are held Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (Check the schedule listed on the Calendar to confirm the dates of the class that is most convenient for you.)
Class times are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., all three days.
Dress is casual and comfortable! If you want to hike in Palo Duro Canyon after class, bring either some hiking boots or sturdy tennis shoes.
Class size is limited to a maximum of 4 people for the best one-on-one instruction.
The first day of class we cover theory, terminology and history — the next two days are teaching and hands-on practice with one-on-one guidance.
You’ll find this class fascinating. You’ll be learning so much in these three days — most students feel that their brains are overflowing with excitement and information. You’ll be surprised at how much you’ll learn!
CRV is definitely not a “quick fix” — it is a somewhat laborious process, but very effective.
PREPARATION: I suggest, if haven’t already done so, that you read Lyn Buchanan’s book, “The Seventh Sense” – it is a great read, and gives a great overview of what CRV is.
This is what Intuitive Specialists offers with each class, and is included in the price:
1. The CRV manual, which includes the Terminology Manual, the Viewer’s Manual, a summary of the full Monitor’s Manual, the Exercise Section, and some hand-outs. (Basic CRV only — Intermediate and Advanced provide additional pages to add to the main manual.)
2. You will take home 10 hand-picked targets made especially for each student after the first two days of class.
3. You will also receive a Student Aid CD that is chock-full of ALL KINDS of goodies to help you when you get home, including a virtual monitor, ideogram practice, analogies, P1 practice, lots of targets, and more. (Received in Basic CRV only.) Note: This CD was developed by Lyn Buchanan for Windows XP users several years ago. He is currently working on a Java-based version. Meanwhile, the CD is not compatible with Macs or Windows 7.
4. After graduating from Basic CRV, you will be given a password and access to the Intuitive Specialists database for recording your practice session results and establishing a track record.
5. You will also be invited to join both the CRV egroup and the CRV-ers egroup, where you’ll find loads of support from fellow CRVers, Lyn Buchanan and myself.
6. You can contact me by phone for quick questions when you don’t have time to wait for an email response.
7. Periodically throughout the year, (usually on Wednesday evenings at 8 p.m. CST), there is a one hour free live chat online for CRV students. Occasionally, we have guest speakers from the RV world. Many times, students bring sessions to the chat to discuss with Lori, Lyn and other CRV’ers. It’s free instruction, and very beneficial. These chats are announced on the CRV e-group list well in advance.
8. After graduating from any Intuitive Specialist course, you can audit that same course for free in the future (space permitting) for up to two years after graduation. I’ve had many students who have taken RV courses from several different teachers, and all have commented that this curriculum offers so much more than any other course they have taken, especially in the way of student help and follow up. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.
COMING SOON! Special videos of Lori teaching portions of the class. This is especially beneficial when you want to remember what was said about a certain topic, you can click on that video and watch me teach it! It is also very helpful when you need a quick review before heading to the next level of class!
Cost of Class: The cost of any of the three classes is $1,000 per 3-day workshop. Please utilize the Pay Pal Button or pay by credit card. You can also send personal checks if you prefer.
Installment Plan: If you like, you may pay in four $260 installments over 4 months. The class must be paid in full 10 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
LODGING: The closest hotel is the Ambassador Hotel, which is also the best hotel in town. It is located walking distance from class. We have a corporate contract with the hotel, listed under the P>S>I name. The P>S>I price for students is $69 per night plus tax. ($79.35 including tax) The normal price is over $100 per night, so be sure to mention P>S>I so you get the corporate rate. If the person you speak to is new, they may not recognize P>S>I. Have them look it up under Problems, Solutions, Innovations. You can also ask to speak to Phyllis Payne, the General Manager or Anthony. Mention that you are a student of Lori Lambert-Williams, and that should take care of it. Please ignore anything on the Internet that says that the hotel is full. Just call and speak to Anthony, give him P>S>I information, and he can usually get you a room, even when the hotel is booked up. If you have any trouble, call me, and I will do my best to see that you get a room! The hotel provides free shuttle service to class and all the nearby eating spots, shopping, etc. The shuttle is also free to and from the airport. This hotel offers a fitness facility, nice indoor pool and whirlpool. The address of the hotel is 3100 I-40 West. The phone number is (806) 358-6161. A fabulous hot buffet breakfast is available for approximately $7. The hotel is extremely nice, very well managed, and close to everything.
The Travelodge (Phone: 806-353-3541) costs less than the Ambassador at $42 a night for one person staying in a double bed upstairs. The only drawback to theTravelodge is that you would need to rent a car, as they don’t provide transportation. However, if you would like to explore Palo Duro Canyon and other local sights while you are here, having a vehicle to do it in is a good idea. The quality of the Travelodge is far below that of the Ambassador.
To reach me by phone, my numbers are:
(806) 379-9332 (office)
(806) 678-8582 (cell)
Once you have arrived in town and have gotten settled in at your hotel, give me a call at one of the numbers listed above, and I’ll give you directions to the class site.
FOOD: Meals are not included with the cost of the class. During class, I offer water (filtered with reverse osmosis,) herbal tea, and coffee to drink. If you prefer something else, or any snacks, you are welcome to bring whatever you like and nibble during class. Please let me know if you are diabetic or have any special restrictions so I can accommodate you. We go to lunch out at restaurants that we can choose depending on what the class feels like eating. Each person pays for his or her own lunch. Lunch times are usually from 11:45 – 1:15 (90 minutes) depending on the flow of the class. I am pretty easy-going, so we can see how everyone is feeling, and go earlier or later as needed.
PRE-CLASS DINNER: In order to teach the material thoroughly within the 3-day time limit, allowing for a lot of “hands-on” practice and interactive fun, I need to “hit the ground running” first thing in the morning. To give us time to meet each other and get to know each other a bit, we meet the evening before class begins to have dinner together. The class will meet at 7 p.m. on the evening before the first day of class in the lobby of the Ambassador Hotel. We will go to dinner together from there. If you arrive early and would like to meet earlier, please give me a call. Unless there is a pressing reason why I can’t, I would be happy to go to dinner earlier. The Ambassador Hotel is located on the North side of I-40 along the west-bound access road at the Georgia Exit. If you’d like to join us, please arrange to arrive in Amarillo before 5 p.m. so you can meet with us at seven. After the dinner, I will show everyone how to get to the class site. If you arrive after the dinner, please call me and I will give you instructions so you can get to class.
Extra-Curricular Activities: Amarillo is very near Palo Duro Canyon, the 2nd largest canyon in the United States. Weather and time-permitting, it is a great sight to see! There is also a lovely big museum, (the biggest museum in Texas!) and the famous Cadillac Ranch.
Please feel free to email me at IntuitiveSpecialists@gmail.com with any questions or comments you have! I’m really looking forward to meeting you!
Lori Williams, CHt, LMT